Attention Volunteers: Declaration Writing Skills CLE
Harriett Buhai Center for Family Law
Continuing Legal Education Program Presents:
Declaration Writing Skills CLE
Date: Thursday, July 12, 2012
Location: Loyola Law School
2 CLE Credits
Free for all active HBCFL volunteers*
* Active = 50 hours of volunteer service or pro rata
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: July 10, 2012
Space is limited, Please register early; No Onsite Registration
Objectives of this program:
- Learn how to write a persuasive and effective declaration.
- Learn how to quickly read and understand a client file.
- Learn how to effectively interview a client who may be highly distressed.
- Learn excellent time management skills.
- Learn how to organize a wealth of material in a short space of time.
- Learn how new Family Code section 217 impacts OSC practices.
By the end of the program you will be better prepared to handle an OSC and other individual appointments at the Center.
- Sarah Bensinger, Legal Writing instructor, Loyola Law School and volunteer attorney, Harriett Buhai Center for Family Law.
- Fred Emmer, Senior Supervising Attorney, Harriett Buhai Center for Family Law
- Jackie Klein, Irmas Fellow, Staff Attorney, Harriett Buhai Center for Family Law
This activity has been approved for MCLE credit by the State Bar of California in the amount of 2 hours and the Harriett Buhai Center for Family Law certifies that this activity conforms to the standards for approved education activities prescribed by the rules and regulations of the State Bar of California governing minimum continuing legal education.